School buildings

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

School buildings

Equivalent terms

School buildings

  • UF Buildings, School
  • UF School architecture
  • UF School-houses
  • UF Schoolhouses

Associated terms

School buildings

59 Collections results for School buildings

33 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Charles F. Walker? in classroom at Northwestern School of Commerce?

Photograph showing a man standing at the front of a classroom and students seated at desks. The man is wearing a suit and tie and is holding a pen and papers. Text in shorthand is written on the blackboard in the background. The man is unidentified but is probably Charles F. Walker, founder and president of the Northwestern School of Commerce in Portland, where the photograph may have been taken.

Bandon Grade School

Photograph taken from a distance showing the Bandon Grade School building. In front of the building, a car is parked next to flag pole (negative 4 of 9).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Students at old Lents School, Portland

Mrs. Hilda May Grant with her class at the old Lents school, before its closure. The children are seated on the floor while Grant leans over a drawing with houses. This photograph was published in the Oregon Journal on Sunday, March 19, 1950 (negative 1 of 10).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Eaton Hall, Salem

The Eaton Hall building on the Willamette University campus in Salem. The four-story brick building features an arched doorway at the front, and ivy on the walls (negative 8 of 10).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Jefferson High School

Photograph showing Jefferson High School (5210 North Kerby Avenue). Cars are parked along the sidewalks, and students can be seen gathered in front of the stairway at the front entrance of the building. In the distance is a manufactured gas holding tank, likely at the corner of North Kerby Avenue and North Alberta Street (negative 7 of 14). Original sleeve title: Portland communities - Albina and Killingsworth Streets.

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

School building in Silverton, Oregon

Photograph of a school building in Silverton, Oregon. A sign over the entrance reads, "Silver Crest School Dist. No. 93.C." This image was likely taken by staff of the Valley Migrant League's Opportunity News circa 1965 - 1968.

University of Oregon Campus

View of the University of Oregon campus in Eugene, Oregon showing the Art Museum, Susan Campbell Hall, and Hendricks Hall.

White, Minor

Main Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1894-1895

A black and white photograph of the outside of the main building of the Oregon School for the Deaf on Turner Road in 1895. It is a four-story brick building located on a hill. A white picket fence runs across the foreground. Construction of the building was completed in 1895 and the school was located there from 1895-1910. A note written on back of photograph reads: "Oregon School for Deaf Mutes 1894-95 at Turner Road. This old picture printed in 1895 from engraving process (1895 Biennial report for OSD)". Oregon School for Deaf Mutes was the name of the school from 1880-1913.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Main Administrative Building Under Construction, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1909-1910

A black and white photograph of the new main building being constructed for the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location. There is scaffolding around the front of the building but it is almost complete. It is a large, three-story brick building with tall columns across the entry stairway. The school has occupied this location since 1910, though the building was torn down in 1975. The photograph is mounted on a light brown mat. A handwritten note below the photograph reads: "OSSD new Main Building at Locust St, almost completed - 1909-10". OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Main Administrative Building and Departmental Building with Students and Staff, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1913

A black and white panoramic photograph of the Main Administrative Building and first Departmental Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at it's Locust Street location. Staff and students are scattered across the lawn and front stairs of the main building, all facing the camera. These two buildings, along with a heating plant, were the first to be constructed on the new site, which the school moved into in 1910. The photograph is mounted on a light brown mat. A handwritten note below the photograph reads: "Oregon State School for the Deaf on Locust St. - 1913". Oregon State School for the Deaf was the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Oregon School for the Deaf at Corner of Church and Mission Streets, 1892

A black and white photograph of the campus of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its location on Church and Mission Streets. In the foreground are fields divided by fences. In the background are three formerly residential buildings that housed the school between 1879 and 1895. Below the photograph is text that reads: "Oregon School for Deaf Mutes." Oregon School for Deaf Mutes was the name of the school from 1880-1913. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Church & Mission Streets, 1879-1895 3rd location. O.S.D. photo taken 1892. Oregon School for the Deaf - Salem, Oregon"

Oregon School for the Deaf

Hospital Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1911-1914

A sepia-toned photograph of the hospital building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location. The building is a two-story residential building with a large pillared front porch. Two people, a man and a woman, stand in front of the building. The Hospital Building was used to quarantine sick students to prevent the spread of disease. It was later converted into the Teacher's Cottage for unmarried female teachers. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Hospital Building for isolating cases of contagious or infectious disease. 1911-1914."

Oregon School for the Deaf

Main Building and School Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1915-1916

A sepia-toned photograph of the Main Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location in 1915 or 1916. It is a large, three-story brick building with tall columns across the entry stairway. To the right, part of the School Building is visible. To the left is a tree and a double glider swing. The school has occupied this location since 1910, but the Main Building was demolished in 1975. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "OSSD main Building and School Building 1915-16" OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Farmland, Hospital Building, and Steam Plant, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1916

A sepia-toned photograph of the grounds of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location in 1916. The photograph includes the orchard, the barn and farm fields, the Hospital Building, and the Steam Plant. Chickens and people are scattered throughout the orchard going about their daily activities. The school has occupied this location since 1910, but farming ceased in 1970. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Oregon State School for the Deaf farmland and hospital and steam plant 1916". The Oregon State School for the Deaf was the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Central Campus and Buildings, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1922

A black and white photograph of the grounds of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location in 1922. The school has occupied this location since 1910. The photograph includes the Main Building and School Building, with the Industrial Arts and gym in the background and the Superintendent's house in the foreground. It was taking from a height and is slightly out of focus. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Ore. School for the Deaf campus - 1922 The deaf pupil climbed the tall tree and took a picture."

Oregon School for the Deaf

Front of Main Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1945

A black and white photograph of the front of the Main Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location in 1945. The school has occupied this location since 1910, but the Main Building was demolished in 1975. It is a large, three-story brick building with tall columns across the entry stairway. The bottom part of a flagpole is visible in the foreground. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "OSSD Main Building on Locust St. taken 1945" OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Results 1 to 28 of 59