Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

Taxonomy

Code

45.50803, -122.66567 Map of Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

Equivalent terms

Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

  • UF Museum of Science and Industry (Portland, Or.)
  • UF O.M.S.I.

Associated terms

Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

22 Collections results for Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

22 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Voter with owl, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

Voters at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, serving as precinct No 137 1/2, at 908 NE Hassalo Street in Portland. The man stands leans into a wooden booth while an owl watches from above. This photograph was published in the Oregon Journal on Friday, May 16, 1952 (negative 1 of 7).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

People voting, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

Voters at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, serving as precinct No 137 1/2, at 908 NE Hassalo Street in Portland. Wooden booths have been built against the back wall, as people stand around a table holding wooden ballot boxes. Photographs from this series were published in the Oregon Journal on Friday, May 16, 1952 (negative 3 of 7).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

People voting, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

Voters at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, serving as precinct No 137 1/2, at 908 NE Hassalo Street in Portland. Wooden booths have been built against the back wall, as people stand around a table holding wooden ballot boxes. Photographs from this series were published in the Oregon Journal on Friday, May 16, 1952 (negative 2 of 7).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Station L

Photograph taken at Station L (later the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) taken from a high angle showing wooden pilings over water in the foreground, with piles of cut logs in the distance. Several people can be seen on a wooden structure at the left side of the frame, as well as a group standing on a raised platform cutting logs towards the right side. In the distance, a building on a raised dock structure with a large “Portland Railway, Light & Power Co.” sign can be seen. Written on the glass is “L276.”

Station L

Photograph showing the exterior of Station L (now the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) with several buildings visible. Railroad tracks pass through the front of the frame, and water from the Willamette River can be seen in front of the main stone building.

Station L

Photograph of the engine room of Station L (now the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) showing machinery. A person in a white shirt can be seen on the right side of the frame, and the front unit has “General Electric Company” written on it.

Station L, generators

Photograph taken at Station L (later the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry), looking downward at two generators. The far unit is being rewound with visible cable. Pieces of debris can be seen around the room, in addition to possible damage on the back wall. Large windows can be seen along the left wall, and metal plating lines the back wall.

Station L, boiler room

Photograph showing the boiler room at Station L (now the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). A long row of boiler doors can be seen, and a man in a hat and overalls stands in front of one while looking at the camera. Large metal beams can be seen at the top of the boiler stuctures.

Station L, hog fuel pile

Photograph taken from a high angle of the hog fuel pile at Station L (now the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry), looking south. The Willamette River can be seen on the right side of the frame, and two unidentified churches can be seen in the distance.

Station L, hog fuel pile

Photograph taken of the hog fuel pile at Station L (now the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). An unhitched wagon sits at the base of the hill to the right, and a “no trespassing” sign is visible near the center of the frame. In the distance, a person can be seen standing at the top of a pile.

Station L, derrick and barge

Photograph taken at Station L (now the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) of hog fuel being unloaded via a derrick from a barge on the Willamette River. The Hawthorne bridge can be seen in the distance, as well as other boats. One person stands on the barge watching a crate being lifted onto the dock.

Station L, tower support

Photograph showing five men looking at the camera and standing in the metal framework on a support tower in the process of being built. Water and a section of a dock can be seen on the right side of the image, next to a large brick building with several rows of windows. Written on the negative in pencil is “E-301-L-3269, first panel of tower support for cinder collector, Sta. L., May 13 1922.”

Station L

Photograph showing wooden pilings under set in water at Station L (now the location of the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry).. Behind the orderly pilings is a raised wooden on which rests several pieces of large equipment. Two men in long jackets can be seen near the center of the frame, in addition to several workers in the background of the image. Written on the glass is “L274.”

Station L, exterior view

Photograph showing the exterior of Station L taken from across the water (now the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) with several buildings visible. The hog fuel pile can be seen on the right, and several loaded barges can be seen next to the docks on the left side of the image. The Willamette River is in the foreground. Part of the image is masked with paper.

Moving the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

Two boys hold taxidermied animals wrapped in plastic in front of the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. The boy on the left holds a swan while the boy on the right holds another animal, possibly an owl. There are moving boxes at their feet, and they are helping to move the museum out of this location at 908 NE Hassalo Street. The caption on the negative sleeve reads, "Moving the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry" (negative 2 of 4).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Moving the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

Three teenage boys carry a large taxidermied animal out of the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry's former location at 908 NE Hassalo Street. They stand on the front porch of the building and above them is a sign for the museum. The caption on the negative sleeve reads, "Moving the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry" (negative 3 of 4).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Volunteers Erect Brick Walls for New Building of Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

A group of people stand amid piles of bricks at a construction site. They watch as someone uses a long stick to adjust the hands of a clock. In the background, men are laying brick at the construction site. These are volunteer workers from labor unions working to build the brick walls of the new building for the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (negative 2 of 6).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Portland Amateur Telescope-Makers Class for Beginners

Students attend a class at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry taught by members of the Portland Amateur Telescope Makers and Observers. A girl carefully holds a telescope mirror in her hands as an adult instructor points at the mirror, instructing how to polish it. Two other children and an adult look on. Pictured left to right are Claudia James, Charles Freeland, Robert McCarl, Maureca McCarl and Frank Godfrey. This photograph was published in the Oregon Journal on February 15, 1959 (negative 2 of 4).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998