Multnomah County (Or.)

Taxonomy

Code

45.54687, -122.41534 Map of Multnomah County (Or.)

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Equivalent terms

Multnomah County (Or.)

Associated terms

Multnomah County (Or.)

7 Collections results for Multnomah County (Or.)

White King Soap Company office, Portland

Photograph showing the White King Soap Company office at Southeast Water Avenue and Southeast Madison street in Portland. A White King truck is parked outside the building, and several unidentified men are standing on the street corner. See related image No. 372A1169.

Journal Building, Broadway and Yamhill, Portland

Photograph, taken from a high vantage, showing the northwest corner of the Journal Building and part of the intersection of Yamhill and Broadway in Portland (now Southwest Yamhill Street and Southwest Broadway). The Oregon Journal occupied the building from 1912 until 1948; it is now known as the Jackson Tower.

Gordon Building, 4th and Stark, Portland

Photograph showing a two-story brick building at the corner of Fourth and Stark streets (now Southwest Fourth Avenue and Southwest Stark Street) in Portland. On the ground floor is the Peoples Bank; on the upper floor is the Northern Livestock Loan Company. Parked cars are lining the street next to the building. A cropped version of this photograph was one of two, along with image No. 373G0451, was published on Page 1, Section 3, of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, April 25, 1920, under the headline “Bank Has Long Lease on Gordon Building.” The photograph had the following caption: “Structure at Fourth and Stark streets receives finishing touches and tenants celebrate opening. Above—New Gordon building.” Also see related image No. 373G0443.

Gordon Building, 4th and Stark, Portland

Photograph showing a two-story brick building at the corner of Fourth and Stark streets (now Southwest Fourth Avenue and Southwest Stark Street) in Portland. On the ground floor is the Peoples Bank; on the upper floor is the Northern Livestock Loan Company. Parked cars are lining the street next to the building. A nearly identical photograph, image No. 373G0442, and image No. 373G0451 were published on Page 1, Section 3, of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, April 25, 1920, under the headline “Bank Has Long Lease on Gordon Building.” The similar photograph had the following caption: “Structure at Fourth and Stark streets receives finishing touches and tenants celebrate opening. Above—New Gordon building.”