Multnomah County (Or.)

Taxonomy

Code

45.54687, -122.41534 Map of Multnomah County (Or.)

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Equivalent terms

Multnomah County (Or.)

Associated terms

Multnomah County (Or.)

107 Collections results for Multnomah County (Or.)

Hickman Products Company warehouse, Portland

Photograph showing two unidentified men and a parked vehicle outside the Hickman Products Ltd. Company warehouse at at 1310 Southeast Union Avenue (now Southeast Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard) in Portland. This building is also shown in image No. 372A1200, when it was the Frank Fink Company warehouse.

Portland Bottling Company, North Williams Avenue, Portland

Photograph showing a Portland Bottling Co. truck parked outside the company’s building at 1271 North Williams Avenue in Portland. Signs on the building read (from left): “For the 7 Hang Overs”; “Home of 7UP”; “Takes the Ouch out of Grouch”; “Portland Bottling Co.” Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

Frank Fink Company warehouse, Portland

Photograph showing two vehicles parked outside the Frank Fink Company warehouse at 1310 Southeast Union Avenue (now Southeast Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard) in Portland. On the side of the building are signs reading “Best Foods,” “Frank Fink Company / Food Distributors; and Nucoa. Next to a loading bay is a sign reading “Frank Fink Company / Distributors of Best Foods Products / Borden’s Cheese / Blue Moon Spreads.” This building is also shown in image No. 372A1215, when it was the Hickman Products Company Ltd. warehouse. Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

Addition under construction at Montgomery Ward, Portland

Photograph showing an addition under construction at the Montgomery Ward warehouse in Portland in March 1936. A cropped version of this photograph was published on Page 5, Section 2, of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, March 29, 1936, under the headline “Pouring Third Floor Block at Ward’s.” The photograph had the following caption: “Building activity is at high gear on this $750,000 project at Montgomery Ward & Co. mail order and retail center at N. W. 27th avenue and Vaughn Street, as 150 men push the nine-story addition into the air.” The photograph accompanied a story headlined “Montgomery Ward Project On Schedule.” Image note: The text “Mont - Ward 3/26/36” is written on the negative and is faintly visible in the lower right corner of the image.

The Home Plate restaurant, Southeast 49th and Hawthorne, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of The Home Plate restaurant at Southeast 49th Avenue and Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard in Portland. An unidentified man in an apron is standing in front of the building. The view is to the north. Across the top of the building are the words “ICES / ALES / CANDY / TOBACCO.” Below that are the words “THE HOME PLATE / ‘HAMBURGERS AND OTHERS.’ “ Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

White King Soap Company office, Portland

Photograph showing the White King Soap Company office at Southeast Water Avenue and Southeast Madison street in Portland. A White King truck is parked outside the building, and several unidentified men are standing on the street corner. See related image No. 372A1169.

Wadhams and Company, Southeast Third Avenue and Belmont, Portland

Photograph showing a warehouse at Southeast Third Avenue and Southeast Belmont Street in Portland. Trucks are parked outside three of the loading areas. On the side of each truck are the words “Wadhams wholesale grocers.” Above the entrance to the building is a sign reading “Wadhams & Co.” Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

Men and trucks outside Ballif Distributing Company, Southeast 2nd Avenue, Portland

Photograph showing unidentified men standing next to delivery trucks parked outside Ballif Distributing Co. facility on Southeast Second Avenue at Southeast Madison Street, Portland. On the building are signs reading (from left to right): “Mar-Vista Wines”; “Ballif Distributing Co.”; and “Schlitz and Old Milwaukee Beer.” See related image No. 372A1165.

Three men with Churn Maid Products Co. trucks on Southeast Union Avenue?, Portland

Photograph showing three Churn Maid Products Co. delivery trucks parked on the street. An unidentified man is standing next to each truck. On the buildings in the background are signs for Churn Maid; Dairy’s Supply Co. Inc., and Portland Stove & Furnace Repair Works. This photograph was probably taken in Portland in the 300 block of Southeast Union Avenue (now Southeast Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard). Image note: Light leak on negative.

Delivery trucks parked outside Western Packing Company, Portland

Photograph showing two delivery trucks parked outside the Western Packing Company in Portland. An unidentified man is standing next to the truck on the right. A sign at over the open doors of the loading area reads “Western Packing Co. / Fresh and cured meats.” A sign on the right side of the doors reads “Manufacturers of … High Grade Sausage / Luncheon Meats.”

Two people loading RCA Victor radio into Vern L. Wenger Radio Service truck

Photograph showing two young men in white jackets loading a large box into the back of a Vern L. Wenger Radio Service truck. A third man is standing next to the truck, watching. On the side of the box are the words “Another RCA Victor Radio / Model 9-K / RCA Manufacturing Co. Inc. / Camden, New Jersey.” The number 2 is written on the negative and is visible in the lower left corner of the image. Vern L. Wenger was located in Portland.

Carstens Packing Company, Front Street, Portland

Photograph, taken from across the street, showing a truck parked outside a three-story brick building on Front Street between Stark and Washington in downtown Portland. A sign on the front of the building reads “Carstens Packing Co.” A cropped version of this photograph was part of a two-page spread in the Oregon Journal’s Sunday magazine on February 26, 1928. The spread, on Pages 4 and 5, was devoted to a story by Wallace S. Wharton about the history of the Portland waterfront and the buildings on First and Front streets. Wharton reflected on the changes that would occur as a result of the construction, then in progress, of Portland’s west-side harbor wall and redevelopment of the waterfront. He noted that many of the “stately old buildings along First and Front streets face destruction, or remodeling to such an extent that the reminiscent charm of their present environment will be lost.” Accompanying the story were 15 photos, primarily of buildings in the area. Across the top of the spread was the headline “IN THE PATH OF CIVIC PROGRESS — STRUCTURES OF ANOTHER DAY.” Below the headline on Page 4 was the subheading “Splendid Bits of Old Architecture Once Called Equal of Finest in Gotham of the Same Period.” Below the headline on Page 5 was the subheading “Waterfront Development Gives New Significance to Portland’s Old-Time Business Center.” This photograph had the following caption: “Original home of Ladd & Tilton Bank on Front Street / The first two stories were Portland’s first brick building / Built in 1853.” Wharton reported that the third story had been added later. See related image Nos. 371N5380, 371N5384, 371N5385, 371N5397, 371N5418, 371N5470, and 371N5857, which were published on the same spread.

Norr, Roy (Photographer)

Results 1 to 28 of 107