Photograph showing G. H. van der Stoop (left), technical representative of the Netherlands purchasing commission, watching an unidentified Albina Engine & Machine Works employee working on the keel of a cargo ship. The photograph was taken during the keel laying at the Albina shipyard in Portland on March 16, 1945. According to two stories in the Oregon Journal on March 16, the cargo ship was to be the first of 20 that the Netherlands had ordered from the Albina shipyard for use in the Dutch East Indies, now Indonesia. Image note: The text “Albina shipbuilding / Keel laying / Dutch ship / 3/16/45” is written on the negative sleeve. See related image Nos. 375A0598, 375A0599, 375A0600, 375A0601, 375A0602, 375A0603, 375A0604, 375A0606, and 375A0607.