Main Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1894-1895

Open original Digital object

Identity elements

Reference code


Name and location of repository

Level of description



Main Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1894-1895


  • 1895 (Creation)


black-and-white prints (photographs); 6.5 x 9.5 Inches

Name of creator

Administrative history

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

A black and white photograph of the outside of the main building of the Oregon School for the Deaf on Turner Road in 1895. It is a four-story brick building located on a hill. A white picket fence runs across the foreground. Construction of the building was completed in 1895 and the school was located there from 1895-1910. A note written on back of photograph reads: "Oregon School for Deaf Mutes 1894-95 at Turner Road. This old picture printed in 1895 from engraving process (1895 Biennial report for OSD)". Oregon School for Deaf Mutes was the name of the school from 1880-1913.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

No Copyright - United States

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

  • eng

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Oregon School for the Deaf photographs, Org. Lot 618, Folder 1

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Digital object metadata

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area