Showing 54 results

Collections
United States Schools
Print preview View:

54 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Young ballet students at Oumansky School of Dance, Portland

Ballet master Alexander Oumansky, teaching students at the Oumansky School of Dance in Portland, at 128 N.W. 23rd Avenue. A line of young ballerinas, wearing matching leotards and tutus, follows Oumansky. He has his arms raised (negative 1 of 3).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Simone Mostovoy and youngster at Oumansky School of Dance, Portland

Ballet dancer Simone Mostovoy, from Les Ballet de Paris, in front of a line of young dancers at the Oumansky School of Dance in Portland, at 128 N.W. 23rd Avenue. She wears pointe shoes and extends her right leg, as the students mirror her against the far wall. Several women can be seen watching from an upper window in the background (negative 2 of 6).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Simone Mostovoy and ballet master Alexander Oumansky

Simone Mostovoy, from the Les Ballet de Paris, with ballet master Alexander Oumansky at his dance studio in Portland, at 128 N.W. 23rd Avenue. He stands behind Mostovoy as she balances en pointe, extending one leg (negative 3 of 6).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Nursery School at St. Barnabas Church, Portland

Children playing in a sandbox at the Saint Barnabas Episcopal Church nursery school in Portland. The wooden contain is filled with sand and toys as children stand along both sides. A teacher stands at the far side, holding both hands on her waist (negative 3 of 6).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Stadium at Estacada High School - Estacada, Oregon

Negative of a photographic postcard showing the exterior of the stadium at Estacada High School in Estacada, Oregon. There is a large sports field in the foreground and the high school buildings are in the background. Handwriting on negative reads, "Stadium at Estacada High School. Christian 11-6004."

Christian (Photographer)

Saint Helen’s Hall School, Portland

The exterior of a building at the Saint Helen’s Hall School in Portland. Ivy covers the side of the building, with an covered entrance-way visible at the left side of the frame. St. Helen’s Hall later became the Oregon Episcopal School after merging with Bishop Dagwell Hall (negative 1 of 5).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

University of Oregon Medical School, Marquam Hill, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of the three-story University of Oregon Medical School building on Marquam Hill in Portland in July 1919. A cropped version of this photograph was published on Page 7, Section 2, of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, July 20, 1919, under the headline “U. of O. Medical School.” The photograph had the following caption: “ First building on University of Oregon medical school’s new campus, on Marquam hill.” The photograph accompanied a story with the headline “Medical School of U. Of O. To Be Big Asset To City” and the subheadings “Opening of New Structure on Marquam Hill Will Take Place This Coming October 1. / Portland Will Be Center / Result of Expanding of Great Institution Will Make This City Headquarters in Northwest.” Image note: The text “Medical school” is written on the negative sleeve.

Marylhurst Normal School building, Marylhurst, Oregon

Photograph showing the exterior of the Marylhurst Normal School building on the Marylhurst College campus and some of the surrounding grounds. The photograph was taken from the southwest corner of the building. The unconfirmed note “Marylhurst College nurses bldgs 5/10/44” is written on the negative sleeve. Marylhurst College, located in Marylhurst, Oregon, became Marylhurst University in 1998.

Multnomah Guard marching on 6th Street, Portland, during War Activities parade

Photograph showing troops marching in formation past crowds of spectators on Sixth Street (now Southwest 6th Avenue) in Portland. The photograph was taken during the War Activities parade on Saturday, April 6, 1918. The parade was among events marking the issuance of the third Liberty Loan bond to finance the war effort during World War I. A cropped version of this photograph was published on the front page of the Oregon Journal city edition on Sunday, April 7, 1918. The photograph had the following caption: “The Multnomah Guard, Lieutenant Colonel John B. Hibbard commanding, made its first public appearance in War Activities parade Saturday.” The photograph accompanied a story headlined “Big Pageant Wins Cheers Of Throngs.” See related image Nos. 376G0308 and 376G0310.

Union High School, Sweet Home

Students in front of the Union High School building in Sweet Home. They gather in front of a school bus parked next to a sidewalk (negative 2 of 7).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Lincoln High School, Lebanon

The Lincoln High School building in Lebanon. The photograph looks through an area of trees towards the front of the multi-story building (negative 4 of 6).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Nursery School at St. Barnabas Church, Portland

A child playing on a set of monkey bars at the Saint Barnabas Episcopal Church nursery school in Portland. The child, wearing a hat, is standing near the top of the structure, leaning forward on both hands (negative 2 of 6).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Rivera School

Photograph showing the Rivera School in the Rivera-Dunthorpe district south of Portland. At right, an unidentified person is tending a shrub at the corner of the building. A cropped version of this photograph was one of two that were published on Page 10 of the Oregon Journal’s city edition on Saturday, April 16, 1921, under the headline “Model Grounds for Model School.” This photograph had the following caption: “Residents of Rivera-Dunthorpe district of west side spent last Saturday improving premises of Rivera school, built by residents as a community enterprise, along modern ideas of making an ideal ‘country’ school. Above—View of Rivera school building showing roofed playground.”

University of Oregon Medical School, 23rd and Lovejoy, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of the Victorian-style University of Oregon Medical Department building at 23rd and Lovejoy (now Northwest Twenty-Third Avenue and Northwest Lovejoy Street) in Portland. The number 181 is written on the negative and is visible in the upper left corner of the photograph. Image note: Light leak and negative damage at upper left.

Results 1 to 28 of 54