Photograph showing a man standing behind an apple tree in an orchard near Lyle, Washington. He holds aside a branch, making his face visible through the tree. Typed note on the back of the print reads, " 13587--Weister, Portland. Shows two year old Ortley Apple tree in the orchard of W.I. Butler, seven miles North of Lyle, Klickitat County, Wash. This tree bore five or six apples at two years of age and made over three feet of growth of new wood. The owner is holding his hand on the twig where this year's growth began. Tree planted in Spring of 1908; photo taken July, 1910." Stamp on the back for Hicks-Chatten Engraving Co. in Portland, Oregon.
Photograph showing a view of a prune orchard near Washougal, Washington. The Columbia River flows in the background. Typed note on the back of the print reads, "Partial view of Prune orchard in bloom, and prune dryer on bank of Columbia River three miles east of Washougal Wash. on North Bank Road. The owner of this orchard says it has cleared him an average of one hundred dollars an acre for years. These Columbia river lands are ideal for prune growing, and this industry is becoming more profitable every year." Handwritten note on the back of the print reads, "5 1/2 acres cleared $900, 1910." Stamp on back for Hicks-Chatten Co., Photo Engravers.
Photograph showing approximately a dozen horses pulling a combine through an agricultural field in front of a farmhouse in Goldendale, Washington. Several farm workers stand on the combine. Handwritten note on the back of the print reads, "Combine working 4 miles out of Goldendale." Second handwritten note reads, "Klickitat Co, Wn." Third handwritten note reads, "A Washington-Oregon combine harvester." Stamp on the back indicates that a reproduction of this print was ordered from Hicks-Chatten Engraving Co. on November 16, 1911. Second stamp on the back reads, "The North Bank Road, Portland, Ore."
Photograph showing a distant view of Pasco, Washington, taken from an agricultural field on the outskirts of the town. The Franklin County Courthouse is visible on the left. Handwritten note on the back of the print reads, "Pasco, Wash."