Photograph showing cars and new shop buildings under construction on the main street in Bandon, Oregon, in December 1936, three months after a forest fire destroyed the town. On the left side of the street are signs for the Minute Cafe and the Haga & Church grocery store. On the right side of the photograph are signs for Noble Electric and Carr’s Variety Store. Wreckage from the fire is visible at lower left. cropped version of this photograph was published on Page 7 of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, December 27, 1936, under the headline “Scars Left by Night of Flames Disappearing as Bandon Resolutely Builds Again.” This photograph had the following caption: “Main street looking north.” See related image Nos. 372A1212, 372A1213, 372A1229, 372A1230, and 372A1232. Image note: The number 5 is written on the negative and is partially visible in the lower right corner of the image.