Print preview Close

Showing 447 results

Collections
Portland (Or.) glass plate negatives Image English
Print preview View:

447 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Piedmont car barns at North Killingsworth Street and North Mississippi Avenue

Street view of Piedmont car barn building at North Killingsworth Street and North Mississippi Avenue, showing two individuals in suits standing in front. A packed dirt street runs in front of the building, with a white wooden building seen on the right side. Numerous wooden poles and power lines can be seen throughout the image, as well as a wooden water tower in the distance.

Masonic Temple, West Park Street, Portland

Photograph of the Masonic Temple on West Park Street (now Southwest Park Avenue) in Portland. The photograph was taken at the intersection of Park and Madison Street. The streets next to the building are lined with parked cars. The building is now part of the Portland Art Museum and is known as the Mark Building. See related image No. 371N5383.

Interior of Apostolic Faith tabernacle, southeast Portland

Photograph showing the interior of the Apostolic Faith tabernacle in Woodstock, Portland, on what is now Southeast Duke Street at Southeast 52nd Avenue. The tabernacle has a domed ceiling. Rows of benches surround a tiered platform at the front of the tabernacle. On the wall above the platform are the words “BE YE RECONCILED TO GOD.”

Artisans Building, Broadway and Oak, Portland

Photograph showing the Artisans Building at the northwest corner of Broadway and Oak (now Southwest Broadway and Southwest Oak Street) in Portland. The Lumbermens Trust Company is on the ground floor. The photograph was taken from a high angle on the southeast corner of the intersection.

Station C

Photograph showing the interior of Station C in northwest Portland, near the intersection of NW 21st Avenue and NW Sherlock Avenue. Large wheeled mechanisms are visible, and a man can be seen looking at the camera while sitting near the building wall.

Station E

Photograph showing the exterior of the Station E brick building in northwest Portland, near the intersection of NW 21st Avenue and NW Sherlock Avenue. A large smokestack is visible on the left side of the building, and railroad tracks pass through the foreground. In the distance, a man sits next to a small kiosk building.

Broadway north from Electric Building

Street scene photograph taken during the Portland Rose Festival from a high vantage point from the Electric Building at 621 SW Alder Street, looking north. Street cars and automobiles are visible on the street. Signs for “Western Union Theater,” “Liberty Theater,” and “Bronson’s” are visible. Evergreen boughs are strung between streetlights, and two American flags hang at the front of the frame.

Broadway looking north from Salmon

Street scene photograph taken during the Portland Rose Festival from street level, looking north on SW Broadway from SW Salmon Street. In the distance, the Journal Building (now Jackson Tower) is visible on the right side of the street. Several signs are strung over the street, including for the “Orpheum Vaudeville,” “Hippodrome,” “Baker Theater,” and “Liberty Theater.” Automobiles line both sides of the street, and two street cars can be seen in the distance.

Station E

Photograph showing the exterior of Station E in northwest Portland, near the intersection of NW 21st Avenue and NW Sherlock Avenue. Two smokestacks can be seen: one above the building in the center of the frame, and a large one to the left.

Pole derrick

Photograph of a horse-drawn pole derrick with seated man. A hat sits next to the man, who looks at the camera. Railroad tracks cross the frame, and a wooden building can be seen in the background.

Pole derrick

Photograph of a pole derrick being used to hoist utility poles. Two men stand to the right of the derrick while looking at the camera, and a third can be seen next to a horse behind the poles. A railroad track runs along the side side of the frame.

Electric truck #15

Photograph of an electric truck with open drivers seat and cargo area. Vehicle is parked in covered area with wood ceiling, with emergency vehicle visible behind. The name “P.R.L. & P. Co” is written on the side.

Hillcrest Hotel, Lucretia and Washington streets, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of the Hillcrest Hotel building at Lucretia and Washington streets (now Northwest 22nd Place and West Burnside Street) in Portland. The hotel, constructed in 1911, was the Hotel Ford or Ford Hotel until 1917, when it became the Hillcrest Hotel. The hotel address was originally 733 Washington Street. On the ground floor are the King Hill Market and a combined grocery and delicatessen. See related image No. 376G0181. Image note: The text “Hillcrest Apts [sic]” is written on the negative sleeve.

Hillcrest Hotel, Lucretia and Washington streets, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of the Hillcrest Hotel building at Lucretia and Washington streets (now Northwest 22nd Place and West Burnside Street) in Portland. The hotel, constructed in 1911, was the Hotel Ford or Ford Hotel until 1917, when it became the Hillcrest Hotel. The hotel address was originally 733 Washington Street. On the ground floor are the King Hill Market and a combined grocery and delicatessen. See related image No. 376G0180. Image note: The text “Hillcrest Apts [sic]” is written on the negative sleeve.

Results 1 to 28 of 447