検索結果:150件

アーカイブズ記述
Schools With digital objects
印刷プレビュー 表示:

Rivera School

Photograph showing the Rivera School in the Rivera-Dunthorpe district south of Portland. At right, an unidentified person is tending a shrub at the corner of the building. A cropped version of this photograph was one of two that were published on Page 10 of the Oregon Journal’s city edition on Saturday, April 16, 1921, under the headline “Model Grounds for Model School.” This photograph had the following caption: “Residents of Rivera-Dunthorpe district of west side spent last Saturday improving premises of Rivera school, built by residents as a community enterprise, along modern ideas of making an ideal ‘country’ school. Above—View of Rivera school building showing roofed playground.”

University of Oregon Medical School, 23rd and Lovejoy, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of the Victorian-style University of Oregon Medical Department building at 23rd and Lovejoy (now Northwest Twenty-Third Avenue and Northwest Lovejoy Street) in Portland. The number 181 is written on the negative and is visible in the upper left corner of the photograph. Image note: Light leak and negative damage at upper left.

Marylhurst College administration building

Photograph showing the exterior of the Marylhurst College administration building and some of the surrounding grounds. The photograph was taken from the southwest corner of the building. The unconfirmed note “Marylhurst College nurses bldgs 5/10/44” is written on the negative sleeve. Marylhurst College, located in Marylhurst, Oregon, became Marylhurst University in 1998.

Marylhurst College students on steps of administration building, 1944?

Photograph showing 15 young women standing in three rows on the steps of the Marylhurst College administration building. The unconfirmed note “Marylhurst College nurses bldgs 5/10/44” is written on the negative sleeve. Marylhurst College, located in Marylhurst, Oregon, became Marylhurst University in 1998.

Oregon School for the Deaf at Corner of Church and Mission Streets, 1892

A black and white photograph of the campus of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its location on Church and Mission Streets. In the foreground are fields divided by fences. In the background are three formerly residential buildings that housed the school between 1879 and 1895. Below the photograph is text that reads: "Oregon School for Deaf Mutes." Oregon School for Deaf Mutes was the name of the school from 1880-1913. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Church & Mission Streets, 1879-1895 3rd location. O.S.D. photo taken 1892. Oregon School for the Deaf - Salem, Oregon"

無題

Hospital Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1911-1914

A sepia-toned photograph of the hospital building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location. The building is a two-story residential building with a large pillared front porch. Two people, a man and a woman, stand in front of the building. The Hospital Building was used to quarantine sick students to prevent the spread of disease. It was later converted into the Teacher's Cottage for unmarried female teachers. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Hospital Building for isolating cases of contagious or infectious disease. 1911-1914."

無題

Front of Main Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1945

A black and white photograph of the front of the Main Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location in 1945. The school has occupied this location since 1910, but the Main Building was demolished in 1975. It is a large, three-story brick building with tall columns across the entry stairway. The bottom part of a flagpole is visible in the foreground. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "OSSD Main Building on Locust St. taken 1945" OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

無題

Main Building and Drive, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1945

A black and white photograph of the Main Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf and part of the driveway leading to it at its Locust Street location. The school has occupied this location since 1910, but the Main Building was demolished in 1975. The building is a large, three-story brick structure with tall columns across the front entry stairs. Trees and bushes obscure the left side of the building and a curved drive passes in front of it. Handwritten notes on the back of the photograph read: "Oregon State School for the Deaf Main Building - 1945 built 1910 razed 1975." The Oregon State School for the Deaf was the name of the school from 1913-1989.

無題

Boys Basketball Team, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1907-1908

Black and white photograph of the Oregon School for the Deaf's boys basketball team in 1907-08. The photograph shows six male students and their coach standing on a set of stairs. One of the boys is holding a ball that say "'07-8" on it. Front row (left to right): Francis Brickly, Frank Emerick, Benjamin Wallace. 2nd row (left to right): Fred Propst, Leslie Tichenor, Charles Lynch. Back: Thure Lindstrom (coach). The picture is mounted on a dark green mat. Below the photograph is text that reads "OSD Basketball team, 1907-8 T.A. Lindstrom, coach." On the back of the photograph is a handwritten note that reads "Basketball 1907-08. T. A. Lindstrom coach. O.S.S.D on Turner Rd". OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

無題

Girls Basketball Team, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1930

Black and white photograph of the Oregon School for the Deaf's girls basketball team in 1930. The photograph shows eight students standing in a row and wearing loose shorts, t-shirts, and sneakers. The girl at the front of the line is holding a basketball with "30" written on it. Left to right: Alice (Beach) Spath, Irene (Huitt) Powell, Georgia (Krepela) Ulmer, Zelma (Kitchen) Hokanson, Margaret (Cupper) Brinkley, Genevieve Buchanan, Wythel Montague, Anne (Fitzpatrick) Aiello, Lucille (Kau) Holme.

無題

Stage Chapel, Main Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1910

Black and white photograph of the stage in the new Main Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location on Christmas, 1910. Rows of chairs are set up facing a stage that is decorated for Christmas. Two trees flank the stage, where four students are doing a practice performance. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "The stage chapel of the new Main Building, December 25, 1910 at Ore. School for Deaf Mutes." The Oregon School for Deaf-Mutes was the name of the school from 1880-1913.

無題

Children Playing in the Snow, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1925-1926

Black and white photograph of four younger students playing in the snow on the grounds of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location in 1925. Two are sitting down and two are standing beside them. All are facing the camera. Behind them can be seen the school's Steam Plant, Main Building, and one other building. The school has occupied this location since 1910. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Ore. State School for the Deaf Winter, 1925-26"

無題

Older Boys, Oregon School for the Deaf, c. 1917

A faded black and white photograph of a group of boys in a field. Several younger boys sit in the grass while the older ones stand behind them. Those at the left and right ends of the group are too blurry to see. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "OSSD older boys circa 1917". OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

無題

William S. Smith and His Class, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1885

A black and white photograph of Mr. William S. Smith, the first teacher and founder of the Oregon School for the Deaf, and his class of 13 students. Smith sits in the center of the photograph with his students in chairs or standing around him. Standing (left to right): Eli Baker, Nelson Woods, Leona Fenland, Lee Brown, Nellie Druck, Fannie Whitaker, John Thornton. Seated (left to right): Eva Hockett, Kate Foland, Nina Penland, William S. Smith, Nancy Harris, Anna Harper, Renel Frazier. The photograph is mounted on a light brown mat. On the back of the photograph is a handwritten note that reads: "Williams S. Smith and his class, 1885 at Oregon School for Deaf Mutes, Church and Mission Streets. Wm. S. Smith, deaf himself, Oregon's first deaf teacher and founder of Ore. School for Deaf, November 1870." The Oregon School for Deaf-Mutes was the name of the school from 1880-1913.

無題

Portrait of Students and Teacher, Oregon School for the Deaf, c. 1898

A sepia-toned photograph of about a dozen students and staff from the Oregon School for the Deaf. They are a range of ages and both boys and girls. The man in the center of the photograph has a moustache. They are posed for a portrait with some seated and some standing. The photograph is mounted on a tan mat. A handwritten note below the photograph reads: "Supt. Irvin 1892-1894". A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Oregon School for Deaf-Mutes 1898 on Turner Rd." The Oregon School for Deaf-Mutes was the name of the school from 1880-1913.

無題

First Reunion of the Alumni, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1927

A black and white photograph of about 40 people standing on the front stairs of the Main Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf on Locust Street. The people are a range of ages, including young children, and both men and women. A note written below the photograph reads: "September 3.4.5. 1927". A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "The first Reunion of the Alumni September 3, 4, 5, 1927 Salem, Oregon."

無題

T. A. Lindstrom's Manual Advanced Classroom, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1916

A black and white photograph of students and their teacher in a classroom at the Oregon School for the Deaf on Locust Street. Several students sit at their desks reading while a few others are writing on the boards at the front of the room. A man standing at a table in the front of the room has an 'x' drawn above his head. Standing (left to right): T.A. Lindstrom (teacher), Frank Thayer, Dean Tussing, Lila Hardy, Clyde Walker. Seated, left row: Harold Calavan. Seated, middle row: Merle Peters, William Toll. Seated, right row: Charlotte Coffin, Bernice Berry, George Fromm, Julia Dodd, Oscar Stewart. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "T. A. Lindstrom's manual advanced classroom - 1916 at OSSD - "X" Dr. T. A. Lindstrom, himself deaf teacher taught at OSD from 1906 to 1954, 48 years born in Sweden, 1880 died in Salem, Ore 1972". OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

無題

Sewing Class, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1922

A black and white photograph of a sewing class at the Oregon School for the Deaf on Locust Street. Students sit in chairs along the right wall with hand sewing projects while other students sit at three sewing machines on the left. A large table covered in sewing projects is in the center of the room. One student stands at a dress form. The photograph is mounted on a red mat. Text below the photograph reads: "Sewing class, 1922." A note written on the back of the photograph reads: "Oregon State School for the Deaf Sewing class, 1922". The Oregon State School for the Deaf was the name of the school from 1913-1989.

無題

Edward and Hilda Tillinghast, Superintendent and Matron of the Oregon School for the Deaf, 1921

A black and white photograph of Edward and Hilda Tillinghast standing in front of a building and shrubbery. Edward is wearing a suit that is unbuttoned with a patterned tie and hat. He is clean-shaven. Hilda is wearing a long skirt and loose blouse. Her hair is done up on her head. The photograph is mounted on a black mat. On the back of the photograph is a handwritten note that reads: "O.S.S.D. Superintendent Edward Tillinghast and Hilda, wife, as matron 1921". OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

無題

Simone Mostovoy and youngster at Oumansky School of Dance, Portland

Ballet dancer Simone Mostovoy, from Les Ballet de Paris, with a young dancer at the Oumansky School of Dance in Portland, at 128 N.W. 23rd Avenue. Mostovoy is wearing pointe shoes and extending her right leg, while the younger dancer attempts to mirror her (negative 1 of 6).

無題

Exterior elevations, Eugene Field school, Silverton, Oregon

Photograph of two architectural drawings of the exterior of Eugene Field school in Silverton, Oregon. The top drawing is labeled "Elevation - Water Street" and the bottom is labeled "Elevation - First Street." The drawings are both signed "C.N. Freeman - Archt./Silverton - Oregon/Frank C. Clark Associate."

無題

Marquam Public School

A photograph of nine young people standing in front of the Marquam Public School. Three additional people are visible standing on the porch of the school.

無題

to3%の 28への%1結果