Photograph, taken from the rear, of an Oregon Journal car on the newly completed gravel Cloud Cap Road on the north side of Mount Hood in October 1926. The road is bordered by forest, and the mountain’s peak is visible in the background. The words “Staff Cameraman” and “Oregon Journal” are visible on the cover of the car’s spare tire. On October 6, 1926, the Oregon Journal published three related photographs and a front-page story about the completion of the road, headlined “Cloud Cap Road Finished; Fine View Unfolded.” The story reported that the 10-mile-long road, ending at the Cloud Cap Inn, would officially be known as the Cooper spur of the Mount Hood Loop Highway. Construction of the road had begun in 1925. See related image Nos. 374N0470, 374N0471, 374N0472, 374N0502, 374N0519, 374N0521, 374N0522, 374N0523, 374N0526, and 374N0527.