Showing 119 results

Collections
Oregon Schools English
Print preview View:

119 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Preschool Classroom, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1968-1969

A black and white photograph of a corner of a preschool classroom. A little girl sits at a desk smiling at a line of five students in front of her. She is writing on a long piece of paper that falls off the front of her desk. Behind the line of students there is a Christmas tree decorated with paper chains and ornaments. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Oregon State School for the Deaf Preschool classroom 1968-69". The Oregon State School for the Deaf was the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Boy reading in classroom

A boy sits at a desk in a classroom, holding an open book and reading. A girl sits at another desk in the background. This image was likely taken by staff of the Valley Migrant League's Opportunity News circa 1965 - 1968.

School building in Silverton, Oregon

Photograph of a school building in Silverton, Oregon. A sign over the entrance reads, "Silver Crest School Dist. No. 93.C." This image was likely taken by staff of the Valley Migrant League's Opportunity News circa 1965 - 1968.

Stadium at Estacada High School - Estacada, Oregon

Negative of a photographic postcard showing the exterior of the stadium at Estacada High School in Estacada, Oregon. There is a large sports field in the foreground and the high school buildings are in the background. Handwriting on negative reads, "Stadium at Estacada High School. Christian 11-6004."

Christian (Photographer)

Aerial photograph of Campus, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1957-1958

Black and white photograph of the campus of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location and the surrounding neighborhoods. The buildings that make up the school fill the center of the photograph, with the surrounding neighborhood in the background and farmland in the foreground. The school has occupied this location since 1910. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Oregon State School for the Deaf campus, 1957-58 Salem Ore." The Oregon State School for the Deaf was the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Boys Basketball Team, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1946-1947

Black and white photograph of the Oregon School for the Deaf's boys basketball team in 1946-47. The photograph shows nine teenage male students, four kneel on the ground and five stand behind them. Two kneeling students hold a basketball. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads "O.S.S.D. boys' basketball team 1946-47". OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Boys Basketball Team, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1945-1946

Black and white photograph of the Oregon School for the Deaf's boys basketball team in 1945-46. The photograph shows twelve teenage male students in letterman jackets, smiling at the camera. Back row (left to right): Lyle Blakely, Ervin Shepard, Danny Heiken. Middle row (left to right): Morris Harrison, Delbert Kessler, Teddy Ellison, Gordon Garboden. Front row (left to right): Richard Randolph, James Jackson, Robert Dennis, Royal Teets, Billy Foren. One of the boys holds a basketball with "45-46" written on it. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "O.S.S.D boys' basketball team 1945-46". OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Beauty Class, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1944-1946

A blurry black and white photograph of girls and women in a room set up like a beauty salon. On the right is a girl getting her nails done, on the left is a girl getting a haircut. In the back are two girls with their head in hair dryer hoods and one girl getting her hair washed. The Beauty Shop class only lasted two years. A note written on the back of the photograph reads: "OSSD beauty class 1944 to 1946". OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Boys Basketball Team Formal Photograph, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1945-1946

Black and white photograph of the Oregon School for the Deaf's boys basketball team in 1945-46. The photograph shows twelve teenage male students in letterman jackets, smiling at the camera. Standing (left to right): Lyle Blakely, Richard Randolph, James Jackson, Robert Dennis, Royal Teets, Billy Foren, Ervin Shepard. Seated (left to right): Morris Harrison, Danny Heiken, Delbert Kessler, Teddy Ellison, Gordon Garboden. One of the boys holds a basketball with "45-46" written on it. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "OSSD boys basketball team 1945-46". OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

High School - Milton-Freewater, Oregon

Negative of a photographic postcard showing the exterior of McLoughlin High School in Milton-Freewater, Oregon. A woman prepares to cross the street on the left. Handwriting on negative reads, "High School - Milton-Freewater - Ore. Ellis 2233." Handwritten note on envelope indicates this was taken in 1945.

Ellis (Photographer)

First Reunion of the Alumni, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1927

A black and white photograph of about 40 people standing on the front stairs of the Main Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf on Locust Street. The people are a range of ages, including young children, and both men and women. A note written below the photograph reads: "September 3.4.5. 1927". A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "The first Reunion of the Alumni September 3, 4, 5, 1927 Salem, Oregon."

Oregon School for the Deaf

Children Playing in the Snow, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1925-1926

Black and white photograph of four younger students playing in the snow on the grounds of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location in 1925. Two are sitting down and two are standing beside them. All are facing the camera. Behind them can be seen the school's Steam Plant, Main Building, and one other building. The school has occupied this location since 1910. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Ore. State School for the Deaf Winter, 1925-26"

Oregon School for the Deaf

University of Oregon Medical School, 23rd and Lovejoy, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of the Victorian-style University of Oregon Medical Department building at 23rd and Lovejoy (now Northwest Twenty-Third Avenue and Northwest Lovejoy Street) in Portland. The number 181 is written on the negative and is visible in the upper left corner of the photograph. Image note: Light leak and negative damage at upper left.

Main Building and School Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1915-1916

A sepia-toned photograph of the Main Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location in 1915 or 1916. It is a large, three-story brick building with tall columns across the entry stairway. To the right, part of the School Building is visible. To the left is a tree and a double glider swing. The school has occupied this location since 1910, but the Main Building was demolished in 1975. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "OSSD main Building and School Building 1915-16" OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

Oregon School for the Deaf

Hospital Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1911-1914

A sepia-toned photograph of the hospital building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location. The building is a two-story residential building with a large pillared front porch. Two people, a man and a woman, stand in front of the building. The Hospital Building was used to quarantine sick students to prevent the spread of disease. It was later converted into the Teacher's Cottage for unmarried female teachers. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Hospital Building for isolating cases of contagious or infectious disease. 1911-1914."

Oregon School for the Deaf

Results 1 to 28 of 119