Hospital Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1911-1914

Open original Digital object

Identity elements

Reference code

OrgLot618_B1F1_006

Name and location of repository

Level of description

Item

Title

Hospital Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1911-1914

Date(s)

  • 1911 - 1914 (Creation)

Extent

Black-and-white prints (photographs); 5.75 x 6.75 Inches

Name of creator

Administrative history

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

A sepia-toned photograph of the hospital building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location. The building is a two-story residential building with a large pillared front porch. Two people, a man and a woman, stand in front of the building. The Hospital Building was used to quarantine sick students to prevent the spread of disease. It was later converted into the Teacher's Cottage for unmarried female teachers. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Hospital Building for isolating cases of contagious or infectious disease. 1911-1914."

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

  • eng

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information

Accruals

Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Oregon School for the Deaf photographs, Org. Lot 618, Folder 1

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Digital object metadata

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area