Hood River County (Or.)

Taxonomy

Code

45.51911, -121.65111 Map of Hood River County (Or.)

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Hood River County (Or.)

BT Oregon

Equivalent terms

Hood River County (Or.)

Associated terms

Hood River County (Or.)

83 Collections results for Hood River County (Or.)

2 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Aerial view, east face of Mount Hood

Aerial photograph showing the east face of Mount Hood. The wing of the airplane from which the photograph was taken is visible at lower left. A cropped version of this photograph was one of 10 that were published on the front page of the Oregon Journal Sunday magazine on June 5, 1932. The photographs accompanied a story, headlined “Looping the Loop by Air,” that recounted an airplane trip following the route of the Mount Hood Loop Highway and described the views from the air. The photographs had the following caption: “Glimpses of familiar scenery snapped by Roy Norr, Journal staff photographer, in ‘doing’ the Mont [sic] Hood Loop the air way.” This photograph had the following additional information: “Getting chummy with Mont [sic] Hood.” See image Nos. 371N5679, 371N5703, 371N5704, 371N5716, 371N5717, and 371N5721, which were published on the same page as this photograph. Also see image Nos. 371N5699, 371N5700, 371N5701, and 371N5702, which were taken during the same trip. Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

Norr, Roy (Photographer)

Aerial view of Cascade Locks, Oregon; Columbia River; and Bridge of the Gods

Aerial photograph, looking roughly southwest, showing the Columbia River and the Bridge of the Gods. At upper left is the town of Cascade Locks, Oregon. A cropped version of this photograph was one of 10 that were published on the front page of the Oregon Journal Sunday magazine on June 5, 1932. The photographs accompanied a story, headlined “Looping the Loop by Air,” that recounted an airplane trip following the route of the Mount Hood Loop Highway and described the views from the air. The photographs had the following caption: “Glimpses of familiar scenery snapped by Roy Norr, Journal staff photographer, in ‘doing’ the Mont [sic] Hood Loop the air way.” This photograph had the following additional information: “Cascade Locks and the Bridge of the Gods.” See image Nos. 371N5679, 371N5698, 371N5703, 371N5716, 371N5717, and 371N5721, which were published on the same page as this photograph. Also see image Nos. 371N5699, 371N5700, 371N5701, and 371N5702, which were taken during the same trip. Image note: Light leak on negative.

Norr, Roy (Photographer)

Aerial view of Hood River, Oregon, and Columbia River Gorge

Aerial photograph, looking east, showing the town of Hood River, Oregon, at center right; the Columbia River; and the hills of the Columbia River Gorge. A cropped version of this photograph was one of 10 that were published on the front page of the Oregon Journal Sunday magazine on June 5, 1932. The photographs accompanied a story, headlined “Looping the Loop by Air,” that recounted an airplane trip following the route of the Mount Hood Loop Highway and described the views from the air. The photographs had the following caption: “Glimpses of familiar scenery snapped by Roy Norr, Journal staff photographer, in ‘doing’ the Mont [sic] Hood Loop the air way.” This photograph had the following additional information: “Looking east up the Columbia Gorge airway.” See image Nos. 371N5679, 371N5698, 371N5703, 371N5704, 371N5717, and 371N5721, which were published on the same page as this photograph. Also see image Nos. 371N5699, 371N5700, 371N5701, and 371N5702, which were taken during the same trip. Image note: Light leak on negative.

Norr, Roy (Photographer)

Remains of buildings destroyed by fire in Cascade Locks, Oregon

Photograph showing the burned remains of buildings after a fire in Cascade Locks, Oregon. The fire occurred on Monday, July 2, 1934, and this photograph was taken on July 3. Unidentified people are standing nearby, looking at the rubble. A similar photograph, image No. 375A1003, was published on the front page of the Oregon Journal’s home edition on July 3, 1934. That photograph was published under the headline “Where Fireworks Took Heavy Toll at Cascade Locks.” It had the following caption: “The band played on at Cascade Locks Tuesday despite the $60,000 fire which concluded the second day of the July 4th celebration there Monday night. Above—Looking east from the new Lakeside hotel on the razed block. At the immediate lower left is the charred remnants of the fireworks stand where the fire started. Beyond (in order) are the ruins of the I. O. O. F building, the S. E. Parras meat market, the Blue Moon cafe, and at the end of the block the W. H. Clark home.” The photograph accompanied a story headlined “Fireworks on Rampage Burn Locks Block.” Also see image Nos. 372A0731, 375A1002, and 375A1004. Image note: Negative damage at lower right.

Oregon Journal car on Cloud Cap Road with view of Mount Hood

Photograph showing the view of Mount Hood from a segment of the newly completed Cloud Cap Road in October 1926. An Oregon Journal car is stopped on the road at left. On October 6, 1926, the Oregon Journal published three related photographs and a front-page story about the completion of the road, headlined “Cloud Cap Road Finished; Fine View Unfolded.” The story reported that the 10-mile-long road, ending at the Cloud Cap Inn, would officially be known as the Cooper spur of the Mount Hood Loop Highway. Construction of the road had begun in 1925. Two years after this photograph was taken, a cropped version was part of of a photo essay published on Page 1, Section 2, of the Oregon Journal on May 27, 1928. The photographs accompanied a story, headlined “Wild Forest Scenery at City’s Door,” about the views along the Mount Hood Loop Highway. Note: See related image Nos. 374N0470, 374N0471, 374N0502, 374N0519, 374N0521, 374N0522, 374N0523, 374N0524, 374N0526, and 374N0527, also taken on the Cloud Cap Road in October 1926.

Oregon Journal car on Cloud Cap Road, Mount Hood

Photograph, taken from the rear, showing an Oregon Journal car on the newly completed gravel Cloud Cap Road on the north side of Mount Hood in October 1926. The road is surrounded by forest. The words “Staff Cameraman” are visible on the cover of the car’s spare tire. On October 6, 1926, the Oregon Journal published three related photographs and a front-page story about the completion of the road, headlined “Cloud Cap Road Finished; Fine View Unfolded.” The story reported that the 10-mile-long road, ending at the Cloud Cap Inn, would officially be known as the Cooper spur of the Mount Hood Loop Highway. Construction of the road had begun in 1925. See related image Nos. 374N0470, 374N0471, 374N0472, 374N0502, 374N0519, 374N0521, 374N0523, 374N0524, 374N0526, and 374N0527.

Cloud Cap Road, Mount Hood

Photograph showing a segment of the newly completed gravel Cloud Cap Road on the north side of Mount Hood in October 1926. The road slopes uphill and is bordered by forest. On October 6, 1926, the Oregon Journal published three related photographs and a front-page story about the completion of the road, headlined “Cloud Cap Road Finished; Fine View Unfolded.” The story reported that the 10-mile-long road, ending at the Cloud Cap Inn, would officially be known as the Cooper spur of the Mount Hood Loop Highway. Construction of the road had begun in 1925. See related image Nos. 374N0470, 374N0471, 374N0472, 374N0502, 374N0519, 374N0521, 374N0522, 374N0523, 374N0524, and 374N0527.

Cloud Cap Road, Mount Hood

Photograph of the newly completed gravel Cloud Cap Road on the north side of Mount Hood in October 1926. The road curves uphill and is bordered by forest. On October 6, 1926, the Oregon Journal published three related photographs and a front-page story about the completion of the road, headlined “Cloud Cap Road Finished; Fine View Unfolded.” The story reported that the 10-mile-long road, ending at the Cloud Cap Inn, would officially be known as the Cooper spur of the Mount Hood Loop Highway. Construction of the road had begun in 1925. See related image Nos. 374N0470, 374N0471, 374N0472, 374N0502, 374N0519, 374N0521, 374N0522, 374N0523, 374N0524, and 374N0526.

Results 1 to 28 of 83