A sepia-toned photograph of six girls working in a kitchen at the Oregon School for the Deaf on Locust Street. The school has occupied this location since 1910. A large counter-height table is in the center of the room with a low table to the left and a stove to the right. The girls are mixing ingredients into bowls and one is stirring something on the stove. The photograph is mounted on a black mat. Below the photograph is a handwritten note that reads: "Home Economics - (in the main kitchen)" A note on the back reads: "Ore. School for Deaf Salem Or 1916"
Oregon School for the Deaf