Front of Main Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1945

Open original Digital object

Identity elements

Reference code


Name and location of repository

Level of description



Front of Main Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1945


  • 1945 (Creation)


Black-and-white prints (photographs); 7 x 5 Inches

Name of creator

Administrative history

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

A black and white photograph of the front of the Main Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location in 1945. The school has occupied this location since 1910, but the Main Building was demolished in 1975. It is a large, three-story brick building with tall columns across the entry stairway. The bottom part of a flagpole is visible in the foreground. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "OSSD Main Building on Locust St. taken 1945" OSSD stands for Oregon State School for the Deaf, the name of the school from 1913-1989.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

  • eng

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Oregon School for the Deaf photographs, Org. Lot 618, Folder 1

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Digital object metadata

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area