A black and white panoramic photograph of the Main Administrative Building and first Departmental Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at it's Locust Street location. Staff and students are scattered across the lawn and front stairs of the main building, all facing the camera. These two buildings, along with a heating plant, were the first to be constructed on the new site, which the school moved into in 1910. The photograph is mounted on a light brown mat. A handwritten note below the photograph reads: "Oregon State School for the Deaf on Locust St. - 1913". Oregon State School for the Deaf was the name of the school from 1913-1989.
Oregon School for the Deaf