Chapels

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Chapels

Equivalent terms

Chapels

  • UF Oratories

Associated terms

Chapels

5 Collections results for Chapels

5 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Service in Marylhurst College chapel, 1944?

Photograph, taken from a high angle, showing an unidentified clergyman conducting a service in the chapel at Marylhurst College as the congregation kneels in the pews. The unconfirmed note “Marylhurst College students 3/17/44” is written on the negative sleeve. The chapel, located in the administration building, later became the Wiegand Recital Hall and chapel. Marylhurst College, located in Marylhurst, Oregon, became Marylhurst University in 1998.

Chapel at Providence Hospital

Photograph showing a chapel at Providence Hospital in Portland, shortly after it’s opening in 1941. Two rows of pews face towards a cross and alter. A person can be seen sitting in a pew, and a group of people are walking along a far wall to the right (negative 3 of 5).

Monner, Al (Alfred Anthony), 1909-1998

Letha Wakeman, Reverend Eliceo Rodriguez and his wife stand in Gleanor's Chapel in Eola Village, Oregon

Letha Wakeman (left), Reverend Eliceo Rodriguez (center) and his wife (right) stand inside Gleanor's Chapel in the Eola Village community near Dayton, Oregon. Wakeman, who owns the chapel, invited Reverend Rodriguez, a Cuban American pastor, to conduct services there for the Spanish speaking community. This image was published in the Valley Migrant League's Opportunity News on August 18, 1967.

Chapel, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1895

A black and white photograph of the inside of the chapel at the Oregon School for the Deaf on Turner Road in 1895. It shows a large room with a low stage in front and several rows of wooden chairs facing it. The walls are decorated with plant bouquets and portraits. The chapel would have been used for performances and events while the school occupied the Turner Road location from 1895-1910. The photograph is mounted on a dark green mat. Text under the photograph reads "Chapel, 1895." A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads "Oregon School for the Deaf chapel at Turner Rd. - Taken 1895"

Oregon School for the Deaf

Stage Chapel, Main Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1910

Black and white photograph of the stage in the new Main Building of the Oregon School for the Deaf at its Locust Street location on Christmas, 1910. Rows of chairs are set up facing a stage that is decorated for Christmas. Two trees flank the stage, where four students are doing a practice performance. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "The stage chapel of the new Main Building, December 25, 1910 at Ore. School for Deaf Mutes." The Oregon School for Deaf-Mutes was the name of the school from 1880-1913.

Oregon School for the Deaf