Main Building, Oregon School for the Deaf, 1894-1895
A black and white photograph of the outside of the main building of the Oregon School for the Deaf on Turner Road in 1895. It is a four-story brick building located on a hill. A white picket fence runs across the foreground. Construction of the building was completed in 1895 and the school was located there from 1895-1910. A note written on back of photograph reads: "Oregon School for Deaf Mutes 1894-95 at Turner Road. This old picture printed in 1895 from engraving process (1895 Biennial report for OSD)". Oregon School for Deaf Mutes was the name of the school from 1880-1913.
Oregon School for the Deaf